Velvet Revolution to Diebold: Give California Our Money Back!
Notorious electronic voting company Diebold, which has been hiding its election division under the name Premier Election Solutions, has bilked California taxpayers out of over $100 million dollars for its failed, faulty electronic voting machines.
Velvet Revolution this week launches a new campaign: Diebold: Return Our Money!
You can find us at DieboldReturnOurMoney.com.
California officials recently revealed that ALL of Diebold/Premier's voting systems violate federal certifications guidelines! These systems illegally do some or all of the following:
- delete ballots without notice
- allow the "permanent" audit log records to be deleted
- fail to properly record deletion of ballots
- insert incorrect time stamps on audit log items.
Yet Diebold falsely claimed to meet all federal voting system standards. Accordingly, we demand that:
1) DIEBOLD: RETURN OUR MONEY!: Diebold/Premier has accepted well over $100 million in county, state and federal taxpayer funds for services which the company knew it could not perform. With California's devastating budget shortfall of $ 45.5 billion dollars, we demand the return of these funds from Diebold. The purchase price for hardware, software licenses, and maintenance fees should be returned to the State within 90 days. If Diebold's announced sale to Election Systems and Software becomes final, California must be fully reimbursed instead from ES&S.
2) SOS DEBRA BOWEN: DECERTIFY DIEBOLD!: Diebold/Premier products, currently used in 20 California counties, violate federal voting system standards and must be immediately and permanently decertified by Secretary of State Debra Bowen.
3) AG JERRY BROWN: PROSECUTE DIEBOLD!: California's Attorney General Jerry Brown must immediately launch a comprehensive criminal investigation into Diebold/Premier's knowing use and sale of faulty election systems that have undermined our elections. Further, unless Diebold/Premier, within 90 days, refunds to California all monies paid for its fraudulent software and equipment, we call on the State of California to file suit against Diebold/Premier seeking the return of funds for breach of contract and fraud.
Visit the campaign page at DieboldReturnOurMoney.com to send a quick email to Diebold (c/o than the appropriately-named company representative Chris Riggall), SoS Bowen and AG Brown. Over 400 emails have already been sent in the first 48 hours of this campaign.
As you may have heard, Diebold has recently been purchased by ES&S, its larger competitor. This purchase adds to the myriad problems with electronic voting yet another: one company's near monopoly on the industry. With the purchase of Diebold, ES&S will control approximately 85% of the nation's votes. An antitrust suit has been filed by another e-voting vendor, Hart Intercivic, and election watchdog BlackBoxVoting.org has filed a letter of complaint with the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission.
Velvet Revolution's demands for a refund of CA's money paid to Diebold, whether it comes from the Diebold Corporation or from ES&S.
Help us build momentum by supporting this campaign.
Tell your friends about it!
Join us on Facebook! (Become a fan of Velvet Revolution and DieboldReturnOurMoney.)
Follow us on our brand new Twitter feed at vr_tweet.
Donate to Velvet Revolution!
VR is joined in the Diebold: Return Our Money! campaign by these fine organizations:
After Downing Street
Black Box Voting.org
Citizens for Legitimate Government
Election Defense Alliance
The Free Press
Liberty Tree Foundation for the Democratic Revolution
Progressive Democrats of America
Progressive Democrats of Los Angeles
Progressive Democrats of the Santa Monica Mountains
Protect California Ballots
SavElections Monterey County
SAVE R VOTE
Other California groups or national groups operating in CA are invited to join by sending us an email.