Obama, ACORN, And Voter Fraud Myths Dispelled
- ACORN is required by law to turn in all applications for registration, even those that they suspect are fraudulent.
- ACORN flags for election officials those applications which appear to be fraudulent.
- ACORN does not try to get fraudulent registration applications accepted by the states in which they work.
- Rightwing operatives use the flagged registration forms that ACORN turns in as "proof" that they submit fraudulent registration forms. They refuse to admit or acknowledge that ACORN is following the law and that they flag suspicious forms and bring them to the attention of election officials and law enforcement.
- ACORN pays canvassers by the hour, not by the form. There is zero financial incentive to turn in fraudulent forms.
From a statement put out by ACORN in Nevada:
For the past 10 months, any time ACORN has identified a potentially fraudulent application, we turn that application in to election officials separately and offer to provide election officials with the information they would need to pursue an investigation or prosecution of the individual.Watch the video and spread it around. Contact the media. Try to get the truth out about ACORN, voter registration, and the rightwing's efforts to win the election by suppressing and disenfrachisng voters.
Election officials routinely ignored this information and failed to act.
Spread the word...